Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shoe-gasam and hats!!!!

Ha, this is my first blog post, where I'm actually writing about what I'm suppose to write about: Going to fab, VIP events (while being a broke m'fer).

I just kinda luck out on these events. People seem to like me, so they invite me to these places (I wonder do they know that more than likely I'm not willing to go into debt for a $4,000 bag (oh well, not my prob).

Anyway, I actually made it to not one, but two events on Thursday (this speaks volumes for someone who hasn't been out in foreves).

First event was this semi exclusive after hours event at Neiman Marcus (I say semi because if you really wanted to sneak in you could). There were food stations set up with some of the best restaurants Chicago has to offer. More importantly, there were plenty of free, quality booze (if you know me, you know one way to my heart is to feed me liquor) Either way, I saw these fabolous shoes by Christian Louboutin, that I just had to share
Absolutely adorable, from the company's 2011 Spring line

The second event I visited for the evening was the small men's boutique called Shrine, which I came to adore. Clearly, not anything there me to buy, but I certainly have a love for nice quality Men's hats (not New Era or Lids type hats, c'mon son), but quality fedoras, peaked cap (think men in uniform, umm yumm) and more. So, I have a pic of just some of there hats.

They also have a nice selection of quality Italian ties

But more importantly, the cheapest thing in the store is probably the $75 tie (and that's not the quality one). Clearly, I'm not buying a tie for anyone soon (too bad Insensitive Prick/Awesome Guy), coulda had a tie :/), but I did enjoy the premium free liquor (random, I know)

Please note: This is my first post about enjoying free, fab events. I even think it's a bit disjointed, but I'll get the hang of it. So, for those who are thinking and mumbling negative comments as they read, please "LET ME BE GREAT" (in the words of poet laureate, Kanye West (please see post below)) and go kick rocks. I don't see your blog anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment