Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things I'm trying to learn (more about): World Affairs: Libya


I view myself as a pretty smart girl (I'm a huge fan of Jeopardy and read CNN.com everyday, lol), but I'm beginning to take more of an interest in world affairs. I'm not here to preach or act like I know more than I claim, but I do know the protests in Northern Africa and the Middle East are going to implement some huge social and economical policy changes around the world. I also know Moammar Gadhafi is crazy as hell! Who ambushes their own citizens in the middle of night and bombards them in their place of sanctuary (well, I can think of a few times here in the USA, where "authority" has committed similar acts, but I disgress)

Anyway, here's a link to an article I came across that gives you some brief history on  Moammar Gadhafi  and his 41 year reign in Libya: http://atlantapost.com/2011/02/23/from-libyas-revolutionary-to-libyas-enemy56988/

If you have more to offer, comment. I like learning (sometimes)

NOTE: I would suggest you do your own research as this is only one source
NOTE 2: I realize this is called "The Broke Socialite Now" not the "Talking Head", but these are things that interest and I want to talk about and hold discussions on. Promise the socializing will come soon enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment