Thursday, June 21, 2012

Free Dranks!!!!

IT'S THE SUMMAAAAAA, SNITCHES



Well, well, well. I haven't written an actual "I'm broke, but going out" post in sometime.

So, I'm a terrible blogger and only do it when I feel like it (Awesome Guy (yea he's back, sorta) said I only blog when I'm mad at him...partially true), but this post isn't me ranting about getting robbed or talking about how great JC (which he is btw), but I'm me getting my free drink on (that's bad to write after praising JC, but he forgives :))

On the point of the post, so I kinda got off my game a bit, but guess what, it's summer, bitches, and that means "exclusive" (I still had to wait in line 5 minutes, yea I'm a spoiled, broke brat) parties.

Either, from my grand hustling days running these Windy streets from the youthful age of 22 - 26 (I had to retire, could be the old bitch in the club), my gay husband and I met this pleasant British club manager, who took a liking to us (sure we stalked him for a free drink every time we saw him, but he was always so pleasant).


Note: I don't think I've used names in my post, but seeing that I'm promoting this ish on my social network, assuming the people can use context clues to figure who I'm talking about. If not, help yo' self (I'll give you a break if you're not sitting in Wind all day to know the scene).


I went to this new rooftop bar, which I'm sure all the who's who, wannabee, douchebags and honestly sprinkling in between, some really solid, nice people, will be the summer. It's on top of a hotel I've hung out at before (no hoe ish), and it was pretty cool. So, for easier reading, I'll break down the ambiance (sp)

Drinks:
They were on point. The nice, British man is a mixologist, so it was very apparent that he created the drink menu and taught his staff how to re-create this fab drinks (bless the poor bartenders who probably were working at TGIFridays before this gig, it was apparent, but they tried). My gay husband, "if i were gay" wife, and I enjoyed the rose infused drink the best. We would agreed we would come back, expect the drinks start at $15 (i.e. this is why I go free ish and why the blog is The Broke Socialite Now (hell, if I wasn't broke now, I still don't know if I'm up for paying for a $15 drink, better come, with a date and a free meal).

Environment:
We went to the soft opening (cool enough to get invited to this one, but not cool enough to get invited to really private opening, lost some of "pimping" status due to taking time of to date Awesome Guy again (don't worry, that's now done and gone again), going to work on getting pimping status back). We got there early enough not have to deal with bs (not trying to wait, mad I had to wait 5). Either way, the hosts were super nice, which I appreciated (hope it stays that way). For the most part, it was def the see and be seen, crowd, but def met some really nice people. We had the best seat in house (people were made, lol), but the music was great and our waitress was super nice (hey Soundbar girl).

The only dreadful thing was the outfits the bartenders and waitresses had to wear. Because I like British guy, I won't go too hard, but damn, let's find a better seamtress next time.

Moral of the story:
I would go back for a Sunday afternoon jaunt (hopefully, can garner some free99 drinks), but would bypast any other time (getting too old for douches and thirsty chick (so says the chick who will not pay for a drink, lol).

Either way, couple of shots of our delicious drinks (and yes, we got good and drunk (gotta enjoy those free $15 drinks while you can :))

My taste-ta Rosemary drink

Outside view (this was early before it got uber packed)
Oh, do I even need a caption

No comments:

Post a Comment